The Magic of Lanterns 2011
A new season of The Magic of Lanterns has commenced in the Chinese Garden of the Montreal Botanical Garden. This year’s theme “The First Emperor‘s Procession” The festivities of September 8, 2011 marked the beginning of the season for the media and last Night was the first official debut for the general public.
Close to 200 Lanterns have been erected throughout the Chinese Garden and the Botanical Garden to pay tribute to China’s first Emperor, Qin Shi Huangdi, and his cavalry. This impressive display of Chinese Lanterns can be admired through October 31, 2011, every evening until 9:30 PM.
Photographers, on a a lucky evening, can get picturesque photos of the event with a background of a sun setting skys. It’s always best to arrive early to admire the lanterns from dusk until night fall.
There’s also a multitude of events surrounding the Magic of Lanterns 2011:
- The Lanterns in Music – Tuesdays (drum and gong) and Saturdays (guzheng), from September 9 to October 31, 2011
at 5:15, 6, 6:45, 7:15 and 8 p.m.
- Beijing Opera under the Lanterns – September 22 and 28, 2011 at 6, 6:30, 7:15 and 8 p.m.
Excerpts from the Beijing Opera (song and dance)
- Guided Tours of the Lanterns – Daily, at 2 and 6 p.m. (30 min), from September 9 to October 31, 2011
Learn all about the Garden and China’s First Emperor
- Photography Workshops and Tips (Photo Lozeau) – October 14, 15 and 16, 2011, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Light up our Lanterns (BIXI) – from September 9 to October 31, 2011
Transform yourself into a source of renewable energy and light up the lanterns.